We are starting to feel like summer here! At least compared to the brutal winter. So, I thought it was time to try a hot-weather recipe, even if it ended up being overcast today. Oh well.
I have never actually tried a Dole Whip at Disney World. I keep seeing online how it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I figured if I can’t try one at Disney World, I might as well make one at home!
Dole Whip (recipe from here)
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice.
- Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags.
- Store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl.
- Again pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.
I used my Magic Bullet and made this in 2 batches. It makes quite a bit, so you could probably halve the recipe if you are only making it for yourself.
It was good, but very, very pineapple-y. Does that make sense? I don’t think I could eat more than a little bit. Also, using the crushed pineapple I ended up with a bit of pineapple pulp.
I’m putting this on my list of must-try snack next trip to Disney World to see how our homemade version compares!